30 January 2007

What's new in 2007

Today I recommitted to journal. I think this time it will stick, largely because I've abandoned my nostalgic inisistence on long-hand writing, and opted for the ease and comfort of this PowerBook G4 laptop. The way I see it, when my journals became a Pulitzer prize winning book, I can pay someone with better handwriting to copy them into longhand. That will save me from years of carpel tunnel.

Along with my new commitment to journaling, I think we'll commit anew to blogging. Not so much for you (the three of you that occasionally read this), but for us. It forces us to sift through the morass of information/photos/observations/happenings that occur in our sphere of exisitence, to organize them in some tangential way ("blog-worthy" or "not-blog-worthy") and finally, to exercise some measure of communication with those around us.

Plus, blogging reminds us that a) our lives are not so boring as they seem at times, b) our lives are not nearly so chaotic as they seem at times, and c) with the right caption, anything can be made to sound interesting (just search the archives for the mouse skeleton story.)

5 comments:

Glad to see you are back to blogging once again. It is always nice to hear what goes on in the lives of friends.

Hey Mr. Smith

Got your Christmas card/photo! GREAT looking little fella your son is! Hope you all are doing well! We've love to make it up your way soon.

BLE

I read it! It was great to see you last week and meet little Emma.

Hey Brad and Meg! Good to see you posting again and updating pictures on Meg's site.
I've started blogging too! Check it out if you'd like.

Hi Brad, let me recommend a book: The Blogging Church. This book was recently released and is a pretty good read. I've just finished it and I believe my local pastor is getting a copy too.